Conceptual Self Portrait

Conceptual means to represent something with another thing which shows some kind of quality about the original thing. This is done without even needing to show the original thing.

I think the four photos I chose to take conceptually represent me and my personality well. First, I took a photo of my running shoes on a dirt trail to show that I am a runner. Running is a huge part of my life. I have done cross country since sixth grade, and my mom has been one of my coaches every year in high school. She even trained me before I got to middle school to know how to run. I have learned so much about myself and the things I am capable of through the struggles that come with running in cross country. Nothing has ever taught me so much or affected me more than it has. Unless you talk about the people in my life. My second photo is my family’s wall of names. We have all of our names on the wall, and the spouses of the kids as we get married are added to it. This photo represents my family because they are the most important thing in my life. I love them more than anything and could never be the person I am today without them.

Next, I took a photo of the sign in front of my church. I love my church so much. I’m extremely grateful to have grown up and been raised in the church. It has such an huge impact on everyone’s lives who are associated with it, and the blessings and miracles I have seen are truly amazing. I am extremely grateful for my testimony and being able to have this in my life. Finally, I took a photo of a grand piano. I have played piano since I was five years old, and my dad has been my teacher for my entire life. Music is such an impactful and powerful thing. I love to play the piano and sing, and listen to other music. I also play the flute and drums. I can’t imagine my life without being able to play piano and other instruments. I have had so many cool experiences from it, like playing in concerts and recitals, and even being in awesome YouTube videos.